OUR VISION – We want to:
- Build an economy that supports Residents and protects the beauty around us
- Support Tourist Business Owners so that they can prosper 12 months a year
- Tap the amazing expertise within Sedona to make our city robust and more self-reliant
- Become a Community again
To do this, we believe we need to establish a City Leadership Mindset that:
- Is NOT tourist-centric seeking more and more revenue (bed tax/sales tax)
- Focuses on optimizing the businesses that are already in Sedona
- Fights to protect Sedona’s beauty
- Continually asks “What is best for the Residents”
Selection Criteria for Council/Mayoral candidates (as a group):
- Not connected to or beholden to the Chamber of Commerce or Hotels.
- Not owning multiple Air B&Bs in Sedona or an OHV company
- Has demonstrated that they share the vision of the residents and will make the residents the priority over expanding tourism and business development
- Has the business background necessary to run a city so that they will not be heavily dependent on the City Manager and City Attorney to tell them the “right answer”
- Has demonstrated the strength and courage necessary to take power back from the City Manager
- Has demonstrated that they understand the challenges of doing business in Sedona and will enable current businesses to thrive
- Viewed as part of the community because of their tenure or community engagement
Sign up for information and updates.
We are all working together to make Sedona work for all of us. Please join us. Contribute. Volunteer. Connect. And share your comments and concerns.